If you’ve been thinking of hiring a wedding day coordinator, but not really sure if it’s for you, then read on. Our wedding day coordinators are the best in the business. Not only have we frequented many wedding venues across Sydney, Melbourne and Brisbane Gold Coast but we sure do know our stuff. We make it our business to. So whatever challenge we are faced with on the day of the event, you’ll never know about it. If hiring a wedding coordinator has crossed your mind, it’s usually for a reason and hiring an experienced wedding coordinator can sometimes make all the difference when it comes to not having to deal with anxiety in the lead up to the wedding.
But My Venue is Supplying a Wedding Coordinator
That’s great if the reception venue is giving you a wedding coordinator as part of your package. But honestly, it doesn’t really mean that much outside the scope of your venue. The venue’s wedding coordinator is employed by the venue (and not by you), and their first priority is to protect the interests of the venue (not yours). It is also somewhat misleading to think that your wedding coordinator hired by the reception will care about whether your priest or celebrant shows up, or if you hair and make up runs late. Their focus is to make sure the set up, the timings throughout the evening are on point and specific vendors arrive to the reception on time (like cake decorator, band, DJ etc). You’ll never get the same service from your venue wedding coordinator as you will from a Girl Friday Wedding wedding coordinator.
What Does a Wedding Coordinator Do?
The difference between hiring one of our wedding coordinators and a wedding planner is very straight forward. Booking one of our wedding coordinators means that over 75% and upwards of the work that they will do will be on the day of the wedding. Sometimes (depending on the package) our wedding coordinators are involved in a bit of preparation and leg work in the lead up to the day just prior to the wedding. It makes our job easier on the day. Otherwise if we need to be more involved in the lead up to the day, we’ll suggest one of our wedding planning packages.
Essentially our wedding coordination services are very much a blank canvas, as our only motto for the day is ensure your day is worry free and exactly all you wanted it to be. Even though every event is different, there are a number of tasks that we undertake to make sure the wedding is a success:
- Working with you in the lead up to the day, answering any questions and advising you of things you have not yet considered
- Confirming all your vendors in the lead up that they are delivering exactly what you have booked (package dependent)
- Confirming your vendors timings and tweaking where necessary to cover dependencies (package dependent)
- Working with your venue or your caterer to prepare a master runsheet which details every movement (package dependent)
- Suggesting the reception timings, any formalities and preparing this guide for the MC (package dependent)
- Ensuring suppliers have arrived on the day
- Checking the ceremony and reception venues are set up with all the decor you have arranged and ordered
- Placing out any handmade elements have been placed out where you want them
- Your last minute errands on the day
- Assist the flow of guests from one point to another
- Managing any guest transport
- Arranging payments on the day for your vendors
- Packing up at your location
- Arranging transport for any gifts if needed
- Troubleshooting missing vendors/missing design elements or last minute problems
From the first point of enquiry we work backward. We like to know where you are getting married, who your suppliers are, and the nuances of your event. From there we can suggest the best wedding day coordination package. Our wedding coordination packages are booked by duration. Our most popular packages are the short day package (3 hours), the half day package (5 hours) and the full day package (8 hours). We can take guidance from you and suggest something that best suits your needs. Still not sure whether you need a wedding coordinator? Here’s why you should hire a wedding coordinator.